Schiff der Reederei Strahlmann havariert Removal of Cargo Ship MV Carrier Wreck Completed

UK: Removal of Cargo Ship MV Carrier Wreck Completed

Posted on May 11th, 2012 with tags cargo, completed, europe, MV Carrier, News by topic, Removal, ship, UK, Wreck. The operation to remove the wreck of the cargo ship MV Carrier, which ran aground near Llanddulas, North Wales, was completed this week. It has taken contractors, PGC, less than six weeks to remove the wreck and all scrap materials from the vessel have now been removed from the site. However residual work to make the site, and immediate surrounding area, safe for public use will need completion. Speed restrictions on the A55 will remain in place and the cycle path closed until a full safety assessment is made next week. Although there was a small release of diesel fuel at the time of the incident, tests conducted on marine life, mussels and starfish from various locations by the Environment Agency Wales have been analysed throughout the operation and have found no traces of contamination. The vessel was carrying a cargo of limestone and had bunkers onboard of 40,000 litres of marine diesel fuel at the time of the incident. Holyhead Coastguard coordinated the rescue of the seven crewmen who were airlifted from the ship by a navy and RAF helicopter. Although the A55 was closed when the vessel first beached, North Wales Police were able to quickly re-open it and it remained open throughout the clear-up operation. Colin Mulvana, Deputy to the Secretary of States Representative for Maritime Salvage and Intervention said The Maritime and Coastguard Agency, Environment Agency Wales, North Wales Police and local authorities have worked with the salvage contractors, PGC Demolition to ensure that the wreck has been removed with minimal pollution and disruption. Dave Edwell, from Environment Agency Wales added: Our officers have been on site over the last four weeks working closely with the contractors to oversee the demolition and to make sure the local environment is protected. Fortunately, the environmental impact of this incident has been minimal, and this is a result of the swift action taken by all agencies and contractors involved. ACC Pritchard, North Wales Police praised the excellent working relationships between the multi-agency working group set up to managing the salvage of the MV Carrier and was pleased the operation was completed ahead of schedule and with minimal impact locally. Safety remains a priority however and ACC Pritchard asked the closure of the cycle path and speed restrictions be observed until the site is fully reopened.  

Havarie vor Wales

Strahlmann-Frachter "Carrier" wird vor Ort abgewrackt

Mittwoch, 11. April 2012
Die "Carrier" der Brunsbütteler Reederei Erwin Strahlmann wurde 1985 in Husum gebaut. Foto: MCAD
ie "Carrier" der Brunsbütteler Reederei Erwin Strahlmann wurde 1985 in Husum gebaut. Foto: MCA
Der deutsche Frachter „Carrier“ wurde bei der Havarie vor Nordwales so schwer beschädigt, dass er zum Totalverlust erklärt wurde. In der vergangenen Woche war das Schiff in schwerer See vor dem Hafen Llanddulas auf Grund gelaufen (Opens external link in new windowDeutsches Schiff auf Fels aufgelaufen ). Die Reederei Erwin Strahlmann, für die das Schiff fährt, bestätigte gestern dem THB, dass der Mehrzweckfrachter dabei stark beschädigt wurde. Der Rumpf sei an mehreren Stellen aufgerissen worden. Von einer Reparatur wurde daher abgesehen. Vielmehr muss die „Carrier“ nun im walisischen Hafen abgewrackt werden.
Schiff der Reederei Strahlmann havariert video
Ein Frachter der Brunsbütteler Reederei Erwin Strahlmann ist am Dienstag vor der Küste von Wales auf Grund gelaufen. Dabei liefen mehrere tausend Liter Gasöl aus. „Der Wind war wohl zu viel. Der Kapitän hat noch versucht, dort wegzukommen, aber es gelang trotz laufender Maschine nicht“, erklärt Axel Neve von der Reederei auf Nachfrage. Die siebenköpfige polnische Besatzung der „Carrier“ sei bei Windstärke 10 gerettet worden. „Der Besatzung geht es gut“, so Neve. Doch bis gestern Abend sei es wegen des Wetters nicht möglich gewesen, an Bord zu gehen. „Wir hoffen, dass wir es bei Niedrigwasser schaffen.“
kgo norddeutsche Rundschau
Der Minibulker MV „Carrier“ RZ „V2KS“ ist mit sieben Personen an Bord vor der Küste von Wales in schwerer See auf einen Fels aufgelaufen. Die sieben polnischen Besatzungsmitglieder konnten nach dem Unglück unverletzt gerettet werden. Die Bergung des 82 Meter langen Schiffes, das mittlerweile am Ufer liegt, werde schwierig, hieß es. Spezialisten seien vor Ort. Starker Wind und bis zu fünf Meter hohe Wellen hatten dem Schiff in der Nähe von Colwyn Bay im Norden von Wales schwer zu schaffen gemacht. Der Minibulker ist in Antigua & Barbuda registriert.
Eye witness Matthew Syddall told BBC Radio Wales' Oliver Hides how the rescue was carried out in 'horrific' conditions Oil has leaked from a cargo ship carrying 40,000 litres of fuel which ran aground off north Wales, leading to concern over the threat to wildlife.There are three holes on the MV Carrier's starboard, but high winds and rough sea are expected to help break up light diesel that leaked overnight. Seven crew members were dramatically saved when the ship hit a rock in rough seas at Llanddulas, near Colwyn Bay. The main fuel supply is thought to be intact, but oil in use has seeped out.
The ship pictured on Wednesday The ship is lashed by high seas
The conditions remain a problem for those trying to secure the stricken vessel, which is off the beach a few feet from the A55, and attempts are being made to refloat it. The Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) said: "Officers from the Maritime and Coastguard Agency's counter Pollution and Salvage branch are working with all agencies on plans to remove the fuel as soon as possible". Environment Agency Wales said the incident was not comparable to a large scale oil spill, such as from the Sea Empress tanker off the Pembrokeshire coast in 1996. The Countryside Council for Wales has confirmed that the area is a European designated conservation zone. A special protection area of Liverpool Bay lies between the north Wales coast and the Rhyl Flats wind farm, which stands five miles (8km) out to sea. The Royal Society for the Protection of Birds is worried about on the potential impact to a wintering population of sea birds. Ray Carson, rescue co-ordination centre manager at Holyhead Coastguard, said there was a smell of fuel around the ship.  
Experts are assessing the damage to MV Carrier, which ran aground in heavy seas.
Mr Carson said MCA teams would examine the situation and work with colleagues from the salvage industry to look at the correct way of handling the vessel.The rescue operation involving lifeboats and a helicopter began on Tuesday night after the vessel - which used a jetty to load limestone - is believed to have hit a rock on the breakwater and ended up on the beach.The RNLI said the Llandudno and Rhyl all-weather lifeboats launched into a "full gale and rough seas" at 20:30 BST and arrived on scene by 21:00 BST.Distress flareAll seven of the Polish crew were successfully rescued by about 01:00 BST.However, the Royal Navy rescue helicopter's winch broke midway through the operation, when five of the crew were off the ship.
Carrier The MV Carrier is 82m (269ft) long and registered in Antigua and BarbudaRescue co-ordinators had to send out another helicopter from RAF Leconfield to collect the remaining two crew members.Royal Navy helicopter co-pilot James Bullock, who flew the first rescue aircraft, said: "Firstly we had to locate the boat in poor visibility due to the snow."We found it pinned against the embankment of the A55 by the high winds which made the recovery of the remaining crewmen more difficult because of the angle we had to hover at due the turbulent and bumpy conditions."The crew were taken uninjured to North Wales Police headquarters in Colwyn Bay.There were concerns of a fire on board the vessel but it turned out to have been a distress flare.
'Strong fuel smell'Marcus Elliott, the local lifeboat operations manager, said: "The next phase of the operation is to salvage the vessel and assess any damage to its hull."There's a strong smell of fuel down there. I don't know obviously for certain but I'm presuming the fuel tanks have been ruptured in some way."The Department of Transport's Maritime Accident Investigation Branch is investigating. The A55 was closed in the area for safety reasons but has now reopened westbound. One lane continues to be closed eastbound between junction 22 (Old Colwyn) and 23 (Llanddulas).A Welsh government spokesman said it was closely monitoring the situation and being kept fully informed.An MCA spokesman said: "It is not yet clear what the reason was for this ship running aground."Eye witness Sophie Madeley, from Llandudno Junction, told the BBC the rescue teams had done an "amazing" job."I have watched this all night and was stood next to the A55 for the rescue, my high respect goes out to the pilot of the helicopter for the amazing work I watched him do, and also out to the crew for battling it through what has happened."Another eye witness, Matthew Syddall, said conditions during the rescue were atrocious."The ship was clearly wedged up against the coast with the helicopter hovering overhead with its floodlight lighting the deck," he said.The 82m (269ft) ship was registered in Antigua and Barbuda.The grounding comes after another vessel - the Swanland - got into difficulties and sank on 27 November after loading with limestone at the same Raynes Jetty.

Frachter Brunsbütteler Reeders im Orkan in Wales gestrandet (04.04.12) Um 20.15. des 3.4. fing die Liverpool Coastguard einen Notruf des unter Antigua-Barbuda-Flagge registrierten Frachters "Carrier", 1587 BRZ (IMO-Nr.: 8504959), auf, nachdem dieser mit einer Ladung Kalkstein von Belfast nach Reynes laufend bei der Raynes Jetty, nahe der Colwyn Bay in Llanddulas, auf Grund gelaufen war. Vor Ort hatten Winde von 9 Beaufort die Wellen fünf Meter hoch aufgebaut. Die Holyhead Coastguard koordinierte die Rettungsarbeiten für die neunköpfige polnische Besatzung. Zwei Hubschrauber der RNAS Prestwick und der RAF Leconfield stiegen auf, und die A55, unterhalb der das Schiff auf Wellenbrecher geworfen wurde, wurde gesperrt, um den Rettungskräften freien Zugang zu verschaffen. Die RNLI Boote aus Llandudno and Rhyl liefen um 20.30 Uhr aus und waren gegen neun Uhr vor Ort. Zwischenzeitlich gab es Sorge, dass auch ein Feuer an Bord des Schiffes ausgebrochen sei, doch es stellte sich heraus, dass es sich lediglich um eine Notfackel handelte, die von der Crew entzündet worden war. Bis Mitternacht hatte ein Helikopter unter schwierigsten Bedingungen fünf Mann der Crew aus der Backbord-Brückennock des Frachters abgeborgen, wo sie von Gischt überschüttet ausharrten, während ihr Frachter auf den Felsen arbeitete. Dann musste die Operation abgebrochen werden, weil die Winsch des Helikopters kaputt ging. Der zweite Hubschrauber barg daraufhin die verbliebenen zwei Männer ab. Sie wurden unversehrt ins Hauptquartier der North Wales Police in der Colwyn Bay gebracht. Mit trockener Kleidung ausgestattet wurden sie dann in einem nahen Hotel einquartiert. Sorge galt nun den 40 Tonnen Treibstoff in den Bunkertanks. Vor Ort wurde ein starker Ölgeruch wahrgenommen. Offiziere der Coastguard, Vertreter des North Wales Fire and Rescue Service, der Polizei und der Trunk Road Agency trafen sich am Morgen des 4.4. im Gebäude der North Wales Police, um die weiteren notwendigen Maßnahmen zu koordinieren. Das Schiff lag weiterhin in unstabiler Position, und die A 55 blieb zwischen den Abfahrten 22 und 23 in beiden Richtungen gesperrt. Der Sturm hielt unverändert an. Die "Carrier" ist im Besitz der Reederei Erwin Strahlmann in Brunsbüttel. Sie ist 82,08 Meter lang, 11,3 Meter breit, hat einen Tiefgang von 4,21 Metern und eine Tragfähigkeit von 2379 Tonnen. Das Schiff 1985 entstand als "Inga" auf der Husumer Schiffswerft und läuft seit 2002 als "Carrier". Quelle:Tim Schwabedissen

Dieser Eintrag wurde veröffentlicht in Videos, Der Kanal, Schifffahrt, Aktuelle News von g.goettling. Permanenter Link des Eintrags.

Über g.goettling

1953 das Licht der Welt in Stuttgart erblickt bis 1962 Stuttgart ab 1963 bis 1970 Bayerrn ( genauer Mittelfranken Lauf/Peg.) Schule ab 1970 Norden Lehrjahre sind keine Herrenjahre Matrose HAPAG 1976 AK 19 86 AM FHSR ( heute STW 95 unbeschränkt) 1992 -1997 Staukoordinator Abteilungleiter Reedereien Rheintainer Transglobe 1997 - Schleusenmeister, den es immer noch seefahrtsmässig in den Finger juckt, wenn er seine Kollegen fahren sieht, inzwischen auch wieder selbst fährt übergangsweise Fähre und ehrenamtlich Dampfschlepper Hamburger Hafen Museumshafen Övelgönne