We have no idea what the circumstances were at the time of this attack, or which ship this video was taken from, but it clearly shows a vessel security team using overwhelming firepower to successfully defend their ship from an attempted pirate attack.
Hopefully this video finds its way into Somalia…
- Dutch boarding team takes down a pirate ship [VIDEO]
- US Navy Detains Pirates, Rescues Iranian Crew [VIDEO/IMAGES]
- Shipboard Security Teams and the Rules of Engagement
- Liquid Velvet Update: UNARMED Australian Security “Team” Captured ***UPDATE***
- Ultra-deepwater Free Standing Hybrid Riser Installation (VIDEO)
Tagged with: maritime security
About The Author
Rob Almeida is partner and CMO of Unofficial Networks and an editor of gCaptain.com. He graduated from the United States Naval Academy in 1999 with a B.S in Naval Architecture and spent 6.5 years on active duty as a Surface Warfare Officer. He worked for a year as a Roughneck/Rig Manager trainee on board the drillship Discoverer Americas in 2009/10. He is an accomplished sailor and competes in the US Australian Rules Football League with the Baltimore/Washington Eagles. He can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Video Kampf Security guard Piraten in Somalia
Chinese Merchant Ship Hijacked in Gulf of Oman
By gCaptain Staff On April 6, 2012
The US Office of Naval Intelligence reported this morning a vessel was hijacked in the following position: 25.46N 057.53E
- (c) 2012 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
- Italian Tanker and Crew of 18 Hijacked Off Oman
- Hijacked MT Enrico Levoli Conducting Mothership Operations in Gulf of Aden [ADVISORY]
- Piracy Special Advisory: Vessel Hijacked Off Oman Coast [UPDATE]
- Pirates make bold attack: Tanker hijacked while at anchor in Oman port of Salalah
- Massacre on the Mekong, 13 Chinese Sailors Dead
Tagged with: China
About The Author
gCaptain is the top-visited maritime and offshore industry news blog in the world. Since 2006, gCaptain has proven to be a highly effective platform for information sharing and source for up-to-date and relevant news for industry professionals worldwide.